Songs For When Your Depressed11 min readReading Time: 8 minutes
Depression is a mental illness that affects how a person feels, thinks, and behaves. It can be mild, moderate, or severe, and it can last for a short time or a long time. Symptoms can include feeling sad, hopeless, worthless, or anxious; having problems sleeping, eating, or concentrating; and feeling like life isn’t worth living.
Many people find that listening to certain songs can help them feel better when they’re feeling down or depressed. Here are some songs that may help you feel better when you’re feeling down:
1. "Don’t Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin: This song is a classic for a reason. The upbeat tempo and positive lyrics can help to put a smile on your face and make you feel a little bit better.
2. "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles: This song is about the sun coming out after a long, dark winter. It’s a hopeful and optimistic song that can help to chase away the blues.
3. "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston: This song is a classic ballad about unconditional love. It can help to remind you that you are loved and that there is someone who will always be there for you.
4. "Hero" by Mariah Carey: This song is about a person who is willing to fight for the ones they love. It can help you to feel empowered and motivated to fight your own depression.
5. "Brave" by Sara Bareilles: This song is about being brave in the face of adversity. It can help to give you the strength to keep going when things are tough.
6. "I’m Shipping Up to Boston" by The Dropkick Murphys: This song is about a person who is about to embark on a new adventure. It can help to give you a sense of excitement and anticipation for the future.
7. "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell: This song is about two people who are in love and willing to do anything for each other. It can help to remind you that there is someone who loves and supports you, no matter what.
8. "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness: This song is about someone who is a hopeless romantic. It can help to remind you that there is still hope for love and that it is worth fighting for.
9. "I’ll Be There for You" by The Rembrandts: This song is about the power of friendship. It can help to remind you that you are not alone and that you have people who care about you.
10. "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and The Waves: This song is about feeling happy and optimistic. It can help to put a smile on your face and make you feel better about life.
What songs do you listen to when you are sad?
Table of Contents
Everyone experiences sadness at some point in their lives. When you’re feeling down, there’s nothing like listening to your favorite sad songs to help you feel better.
There are a lot of different sad songs out there, and everyone has their own favorites. Some people like to listen to sad country songs when they’re feeling down, while others prefer melancholy classical music. There are also a lot of great sad pop songs out there.
Some of the most popular sad songs include "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel, "Someone Like You" by Adele, "My Immortal" by Evanescence, and "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. These are all great songs to listen to when you’re feeling down.
If you’re looking for something a little more upbeat, you might want to try listening to some Motown or soul music. There’s something about the upbeat rhythms and soulful vocals that can really make you feel better.
No matter what type of sad songs you prefer, they can really help you to deal with your emotions. When you’re feeling down, listening to sad music can help you to express your feelings and to process your emotions.
So if you’re feeling down, don’t hesitate to put on your favorite sad songs. They can really help to make you feel better.
Are there any songs about depression?
Depression is a mental health disorder that affects millions of people each year. It can cause a person to feel sad, hopeless, and unmotivated. While there is no one song that can perfectly capture the experience of depression, there are a number of songs that address the topic in a thoughtful and nuanced way.
Some of the most well-known songs about depression are Pearl Jam’s " Black ", Muse’s " Madness ", and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ " Under the Bridge ". These songs all explore the feelings of isolation and despair that can accompany depression.
Other songs that deal with depression include " Sorry " by Justin Bieber, " I Will Always Love You " by Whitney Houston, and " Hurt " by Johnny Cash. These songs explore the idea of self-blame and the pain that comes with feeling like you’re not good enough.
Ultimately, there is no one song that can perfectly capture the experience of depression. However, the songs that do address the topic offer a powerful and poignant glimpse into the minds of those who suffer from this condition.
Can songs cure depression?
Depression is a mental illness that is characterized by a persistent feeling of sadness and a lack of interest in activities that were once enjoyed. It is estimated that around 7% of adults in the United States experience depression in a given year. While there are many treatments available for depression, such as medication and therapy, some people may wonder if songs can also help to cure depression.
There is some evidence that suggests that music may be able to help people who are struggling with depression. One study found that participants who listened to upbeat music for 30 minutes each day showed a decrease in their depressive symptoms. Additionally, a study that looked at the effects of music therapy on pregnant women found that those who received music therapy had a lower incidence of postnatal depression.
There are several reasons why songs may be able to help people who are struggling with depression. Firstly, songs can be a form of distraction from negative thoughts and emotions. Secondly, listening to songs that make you feel good can help to boost your mood. Finally, songs can provide a sense of belonging and connectedness, which is especially important for people who are feeling isolated or lonely.
While songs may not be a cure-all for depression, they can be a valuable tool in managing the condition. If you are struggling with depression, consider incorporating songs into your treatment plan. There are many different types of music that can help to boost your mood, so find what works best for you and listen to it regularly.
What is the number 1 saddest song?
The number 1 saddest song is "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. The song is about a breakup and the pain that comes with it. Houston’s voice is full of emotion, and the song is incredibly sad. It was written by Dolly Parton and was originally recorded by Parton herself. Houston’s version became a mega-hit, and is often cited as one of the saddest songs ever written.
What is considered the saddest song ever?
What is considered the saddest song ever?
There are a lot of songs that can be classified as the saddest song ever, but it really depends on the person’s opinion. There are a lot of factors that go into determining what is the saddest song ever, such as the lyrics, the melody, and the tone of the singer’s voice.
Some of the most popular songs that are considered the saddest ever are "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, "Danny Boy" by Traditional, "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland.
"Hallelujah" is a song that was written by Leonard Cohen and was originally released on his album Various Positions in 1984. The song has been covered by many different artists, including Jeff Buckley, Bob Dylan, and k.d. lang. The song has been used in a number of movies and television shows, such as Shrek, The X-Files, and Weeds.
The song is about a man who is reflecting on his life and his relationships. He talks about how he has been let down by people he has loved and how he has been hurt. The song talks about how there is a "hallelujah" in the darkness and how he is looking for it. The song is a beautiful but sad song that is about a man who is looking for hope.
"Danny Boy" is a song that was written by Frederic Weatherly in 1910. The song is about a man who is writing a letter to his love, who is named Danny Boy. The man is telling Danny Boy that he is going to fight in the war and that he may not come home. The song is a beautiful ballad that is about a man who is saying goodbye to the love of his life.
"I Will Always Love You" is a song that was written by Dolly Parton and was originally released on her album I Will Always Love You in 1974. The song was made famous by Whitney Houston, who released her own version of the song in 1992. The song is about a woman who is saying goodbye to the man she loves. The woman tells the man that she will always love him and that she will never forget him.
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is a song that was written by Harold Arlen and was originally released on the movie The Wizard of Oz in 1939. The song was sung by Judy Garland, who played Dorothy in the movie. The song is about Dorothy dreaming of a place that is over the rainbow. The song is a beautiful ballad that is about hope and dreaming.
What is the best song to make you cry?
There are certain songs that have the ability to stir up strong emotions within us, and often times, crying is one of them. Whether it’s a sad ballad that brings back painful memories, or an upbeat song with lyrics that are just too real, some tunes have the uncanny ability to make us weep.
There are a number of factors that could make a particular song more likely to make someone cry. For some, it might be a song that reminds them of a loved one who has passed away. For others, it might be a song that speaks to a personal experience or emotion that they haven’t been able to shake. And for others still, a song might simply have a powerful melody or lyrics that are particularly gut-wrenching.
There is no one "best" song to make people cry, as everyone’s individual experiences and sensitivities will differ. However, there are certainly a number of tunes that have been known to bring on the tears time and time again. Some of the most popular songs that are often cited as being the best at eliciting an emotional response include Leonard Cohen’s "Hallelujah," John Lennon’s "Imagine," and Carrie Underwood’s "Before He Cheats."
So if you’re looking for a song that is likely to make you cry, it’s best to explore a variety of genres and artists until you find something that hits you in the gut. And don’t be afraid to cry – crying is a natural response to strong emotions, and it can often be cathartic.
What songs help with anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of unease, worry, or fear. It can be mild or severe, and it can make everyday activities difficult. There are many different things that can cause anxiety, including stress at work or school, money problems, health concerns, or family issues.
For some people, listening to music can help relieve anxiety. Certain songs can help change the mood and create a sense of calm. Here are five songs that may help reduce anxiety:
1. ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’ by Bobby McFerrin: This song is a classic for a reason. The upbeat tempo and positive lyrics can help change your mood and make you feel happier.
2. ‘Brave’ by Sara Bareilles: This song is about feeling scared but doing what you need to anyway. The lyrics remind you that it’s okay to be scared but you should still try to be brave.
3. ‘Here Comes the Sun’ by The Beatles: This song is a classic for a reason. The light and upbeat tempo can help brighten your mood and make you feel happier.
4. ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Whitney Houston: This song is about enduring love. The lyrics are beautiful and the melody is haunting. It can remind you that no matter what happens, you will always love someone.
5. ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ by Judy Garland: This song is about hope and dreaming. The lyrics are hopeful and positive, and the melody is beautiful and calming.