100 Best Rock Songs Of All Time11 min readReading Time: 7 minutes
The 100 best rock songs of all time represent a wide variety of the genre’s sounds, styles, and messages. From the early days of rock and roll to the modern era of alternative rock, these songs have stood the test of time. They continue to be popular with fans and critics alike, and they continue to influence new generations of rock musicians.
1. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
2. "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan
3. "Brown Sugar" by The Rolling Stones
4. "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix
5. "You Can’t Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones
6. "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones
7. "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix
8. "Hey Jude" by The Beatles
9. "The Times They Are A-Changin’" by Bob Dylan
10. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
11. "What’s Going On" by Marvin Gaye
12. "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
13. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
14. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
15. "American Pie" by Don McLean
16. "Hotel California" by The Eagles
17. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
18. "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen
19. "The Weight" by The Band
20. "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel
21. "California Dreamin’" by The Mamas and the Papas
22. "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
23. "One" by U2
24. "I Can See for Miles" by The Who
25. "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin
26. "You’re So Vain" by Carly Simon
27. "I Feel Fine" by The Beatles
28. "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks
29. "I Shot the Sheriff" by Eric Clapton
30. "She Loves You" by The Beatles
31. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
32. "The Times They Are A-Changin’" by Bob Dylan
33. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
34. "Hotel California" by The Eagles
35. "What’s Going On" by Marvin Gaye
36. "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
37. "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix
38. "Layla" by Derek and the Dominos
39. "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
40. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
41. "You Can’t Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones
42. "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin
43. "She Loves You" by The Beatles
44. "I Feel Fine" by The Beatles
45. "I Shot the Sheriff" by Eric Clapton
46. "The Weight" by The Band
47. "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen
48. "One" by U2
49. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
50. "American Pie" by Don McLean
51. "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones
What is the #1 rock song of all time?
Table of Contents
What is the #1 rock song of all time? This is a question that has been asked by music lovers for decades. There is no definitive answer, as there are so many great rock songs out there. However, we can narrow it down to a few contenders.
Some of the top rock songs of all time include Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven,” Queen’s “We Will Rock You,” and AC/DC’s “Back in Black.” These are all classic rock anthems that are still enjoyed by rock fans today.
However, if we had to pick just one rock song as the #1 of all time, it would have to be The Beatles’ “Hey Jude.” This song is a timeless classic that has been covered by countless artists over the years. It is a moving ballad that is sure to touch your heart.
What is your favorite rock song? Let us know in the comments!
What are the top 40 rock songs right now?
What are the top 40 rock songs right now? As rock music continues to thrive and evolve, there are countless new tracks and bands that emerge and capture the attention of fans and critics alike. However, there are a select few songs and bands that continue to reign supreme and dominate the rock music scene.
Here are the top 40 rock songs right now, based on a combination of fan popularity and critical acclaim:
1. "Go" by The Chemical Brothers
2. "Do I Wanna Know?" by Arctic Monkeys
3. "We Will Rock You" by Queen
4. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab by Cutie
5. "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes
6. "Karma Police" by Radiohead
7. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
8. "Creep" by Radiohead
9. "All I Want" by The Offspring
10. "Californication" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
11. "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
12. "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N’ Roses
13. "I Love It Loud" by Kiss
14. "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix
15. "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks
16. "In Bloom" by Nirvana
17. "Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love" by Van Halen
18. "Sweet Child O’ Mine" by Guns N’ Roses
19. "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
20. "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry
21. "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
22. "Rock and Roll All Nite" by Kiss
23. "All the Small Things" by Blink-182
24. "Baba O’Riley" by The Who
25. "Livin’ on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
26. "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam
27. "Paradise City" by Guns N’ Roses
28. "School’s Out" by Alice Cooper
29. "I Can’t Quit You Baby" by Led Zeppelin
30. "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Eurythmics
31. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by Scorpions
32. "The Times They Are A-Changin’" by Bob Dylan
33. "The Weight" by The Band
34. "Jumpin’ Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones
35. "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones
36. "Brown Sugar" by The Rolling Stones
37. "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath
38. "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin
39. "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC
40. " Highway to Hell" by AC/DC
What is considered the greatest song ever?
There are countless songs that have been released over the years, and it’s hard to determine which one is the "greatest" of them all. However, there are a few contenders that often come up in conversation, and it’s worth taking a look at each of them to see why they might be considered the best.
One song that is often cited as the greatest ever is John Lennon’s "Imagine." Released in 1971, the song is a powerful anthem about peace and hope for the future. It’s been covered by many different artists over the years, and its lyrics continue to inspire people all over the world.
Another song that is often considered the best ever is Queen’s "Bohemian Rhapsody." Released in 1975, the song is a six-minute epic about a young man who is struggling to find his place in the world. It’s been praised for its complex composition and its unique blend of rock, opera, and glam rock.
There are also a number of popular songs that have been released in more recent years, such as Adele’s "Hello" and Taylor Swift’s "Bad Blood." While these songs might not be considered the "greatest" of all time, they are still very popular and have received a great deal of critical acclaim.
Ultimately, there is no definitive answer as to what the greatest song ever is. This is a matter of personal opinion, and there are a number of different songs that could be considered contenders. However, these are a few of the most popular songs that have been released over the years, and they are worth taking a closer look at to see why they might be considered the best.
What is the greatest rock anthems of all time?
The greatest rock anthems of all time are songs that are known and loved by fans of rock music all over the world. These anthems are typically songs that are extremely upbeat and energizing, with lyrics that are empowering and inspiring.
Some of the greatest rock anthems of all time include "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf, "We Will Rock You" by Queen, "I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll" by Joan Jett, "Don’t Stop Believin’" by Journey, and "Rockin’ in the Free World" by Neil Young.
These anthems are all songs that get fans of rock music pumped up and energized, and they are all songs that have been around for many years, and will likely continue to be popular for many years to come.
What is the coolest rock song?
There is no definitive answer to the question of what is the coolest rock song, as there are so many great options to choose from. However, some songs are definitely more popular than others, and are considered to be among the coolest rock tunes of all time.
Some of the most popular and well-known rock songs include "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, and "Sweet Child O’ Mine" by Guns N’ Roses. These songs are all considered to be classics in the genre, and have been covered and remixed by countless artists over the years.
While there are many different factors that can contribute to whether or not a song is considered to be cool, the most important thing is that it rocks. The song has to have a strong, catchy beat that gets your feet tapping and your head nodding. It should also be something that you can get lost in, with a great guitar solo or powerful vocal performance.
So what is the coolest rock song of all time? That’s up for debate, but there’s no doubt that there are some seriously awesome tunes out there that would give any listener the chills.
What are the best hype up songs?
There’s no question that music can help get athletes pumped up for a game or performance. But what are the best hype up songs?
There is no definitive answer, but a number of popular songs have been shown to be effective in getting people fired up.
Some of the most popular include "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce, and "We Will Rock You" by Queen.
These songs are all incredibly energetic and driving, and can help get athletes or performers into the right frame of mind for competition.
Other popular hype up songs include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, and "Uprising" by Muse.
Each of these songs have a powerful and energetic rhythm that can help people get psyched up for a performance.
So if you’re looking for a song to help get you pumped up, be sure to check out some of these popular hype up songs.
What is the most popular rock song today?
What is the most popular rock song today? This is a difficult question to answer, as popularity is relative and constantly changing. However, there are a few contenders for the title of most popular rock song of the moment.
One of the most popular rock songs today is "Believer" by American rock band Imagine Dragons. The song was released in early 2017 and has quickly become a chart-topper, reaching number one in several countries. "Believer" is an upbeat and anthemic track that is perfect for getting people pumped up.
Another popular rock song today is "Thunder" by British band Imagine Dragons. Released in late 2017, "Thunder" is a more mellow track than "Believer" but is still massively popular, reaching number one in several countries. The song is about overcoming adversity and is a perfect anthem for anyone feeling down.
A third contender for the title of most popular rock song today is "I Love It" by Swedish band Kanye West. Released in early 2018, "I Love It" is a high-energy track that is perfect for getting people moving. The song has become a massive hit, reaching number one in several countries.
So, what is the most popular rock song today? It’s hard to say for sure, but these three tracks are all contenders for the title.